Sunday, June 13, 2010
It is my first time doing a monthly favourites post. I always enjoy reading these and watching them on YouTube so I have no idea why I have never done one before but a friend on twitter suggested I do one so here it is...
In no particular order:
Toni&Guy Firm Hold Hairspray - Great smelling, micro fine mist that dries quickly and gives hair a bit of shine. It doesn't really hold that firm but I prefer that.
Shu Uemura Eyelash Curler - I don't need to curl my eyelashes often but when I do this is AMAZING!
Philosophy The Microdelivery Peel - I recently went back to using this after a few months break. Nothing that I have tried works as good as this to soften, brighten, even out my skin tone and improve the texture.
LUSH Rehab Shampoo - I really like the smell of this, love how clean my hair feels when I use it and how super shiny it makes my hair look. Not as good as BIG or I Love Juicy in my opinion but something I will continue to buy.
DDF Sulfur Therapeutic Mask - I have really oily skin and I am still prone to breakouts, this product is amazing at reducing both problems for a few days after use.
YSL Pure Lip Gloss in No. 47 Pure Peach - Gorgeous in every way! <3
YSL Mascara Volume Effet Faux Cil in 01 Black - I have not touched any of my other mascaras since I got this. Applies perfectly, doesn't clump or reduce in effect during the day. It will be a sad day when it runs out but I will re-purchase for sure.
Chanel Eye Shadow Quad in No. 14 Mystic Eyes - Versatile quad with gorgeous colours that work well for both day and night.
NARS Sheer Glow Foundation - So worth the rave reviews - the best foundation I have used yet!!
Philosophy Amazing Grace Firming Body Emulsion - I didn't get this for the firming claims. It is non greasy, absorbs quickly and it makes your skin feel really soft which is perfect for the cooler months. I actually like the smell of this, I have the fragrance and rarely use it as I find it too overpowering.
MAC Moisturelush Eye Cream - Hydrating and brightening eye cream. Perfect!
OPI Dim Sum Plum Polish - LOVE it!! Beautiful colour and fantastic application. Is it just me or does the formula of OPI get better and better with each collection?
Thanks for reading!
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
What have I spent the summer doing?
Moving into my own apartment.
Unpacking... making my new little place a home. Makeup and clothes being the most important things to unpack!
I have a problem I know!
Finding new yummy foods and Dr Pepper again finally!!!!
Witnessing crazy summer storms. Lots of damage, apparently the worst we have had in 50 years.
Seeing model Jennifer Hawkins at a Myer event, she is STUNNING.
And of course enjoying all that goes along with summer and being single (most of the time anyway!) plus working - I love my new job and the people I work with!
Just a quick update post today, better ones are on the way I promise! If you follow me on twitter (and you should be HERE!!) you may have seen these photos already as I am constantly taking pics and tweeting them. All photos were taken with my new iphone which I am in love with and have no idea how I lived without it until now.
Let me know if you have anything you would like me to post about - I need ideas.
Hope you are all well.
Monday, January 4, 2010
25. Rimmel The MAX Volume Flash Mascara. Purchased on 29th December after my Lancome Hypnose Mascara succumbed to the heat, this mascara did enough in 3 days to impress me and make it onto this list. It is basically fake lashes in a tube, a bright pink tube too!
24. Johnson's Holiday Skin Daily Facial Moisturiser. I love how this gives me a hint of colour all year round. It also does not break me out like most other fake tans do to my face.
23. LUSH Lemony Flutter Cuticle Butter. Smells gorgeous and works well. Everyone needs this in their bag, next to their bed or on their desk!!
22. Tigi Masterpiece Massive Shine Hairspray. Holds, adds shine and smells fantastic.
21. Dermalogica Daily Microfoliant. Purchased after a rave review from Laura (Lollipop26), loved because it is so gentle and delivers amazing results.
20. The Body Shop Tantalizing Yes, Yes, Yes / Oui, Oui, Oui Lip Butter. Raved about in the beauty world this year, one of the best lip butters from The Body Shop I have tried (and I have tried MANY!)
19. KEVIN.MURPHY Hair.Resort. Summery beach hair in a bottle! Adds fullness and volume, reduces frizz and smells like a Pina Colada!!
18. Olay Gentle Foaming Face Wash with Aloe. I am not sure what made me pick this up but I am glad I did as it is fantastic at keeping breakouts at bay when my skin is being too sensitive to handle my harsher skincare products.
17. Bare Escentuals i.d. Bareminerals Glimmer Eyeshadow in Queen Tiffany. Makes my green eyes stand out even more than they already do! Can be used day and night.. amazing colour!
16. Lakme Teknia Deep Care Drops. Smells lovely and adds shine without looking oily. I never leave the house without adding this to my hair after styling it.
15. NARS Single Cream Eyeshadow in Corfu. Sure it creases and does not last without a base but I love the colour. Plus it fits in well with my usually lazy eye routine of a swipe of 1-2 colours, then eyeliner and mascara. LOVE IT!
14. MAC Tinted Lip Conditioner in Gentle Coral. I use this mostly in the summer as it looks best with a tan. The smell is AMAZING.
13. MD Skincare Correct & Perfect Spot Treatment. Contains sulfur so it does not smell the best but it will zap a nasty breakout over night.
12. Tresemme Volume and Lift Mousse. Gives my hair lasting volume and smells divine. See my review on it here.
11. Neutrogena Rapid Clear 2-In-1 Cleanser/Mask. Neutrogena skincare rarely fails to impress and this is one of the best. The entire Rapid Clear range (called something different in every country for some reason) is fantastic.
10. Frederic Fekkai Glossing Cream. I LOVE this, me and my hair could not live without it.
9. Seche Vite Dry Fast Top Coat. Best top coat I have ever used - adds shine, dries fast and makes nail polish LAST.
8. Yves Saint Laurent Rouge Volupte Lipstick in Lingerie Pink. I don't think anyone who watched a beauty video or read a beauty blog in 2009 went without buying one of these lipsticks! I got Lingerie Pink because Lorraine (The Current Custom) raved about it so much and it has not failed to disappoint.
7. AHAVA Purifying Mud Mask for Oily Skin. I use this 1-2 times a week and it makes my skin look and feel so nice. If I have a pimple or I am getting too shiny during the day, this will reduce it.
6. OPI Nail Polish in ElePhantastic Pink. I finally found the perfect pink for me, not too bright and not too pale. Looks great on both your tips and toes!
5. Revlon Colorstay Foundation. This covers well and stays put, I only wish it had a pump as it is a little difficult to get the right amount of product out.
4. LUSH Big Shampoo. This is raved about by some, hated by others so I decided to give it a go. I LOVE how this smells and makes my hair look and feel - so shiny and clean!
3. Rimmel Moisture Renew in Nude Delight. AMAZING peachy/nude colour that I have worn from winter into spring and now summer. I get so many compliments when I wear it and cannot rave about it enough.
2. Flowerbomb by Viktor & Rolf. FAVOURITE FRAGRANCE EVER.. and I have purchased many!
1. MAC Studio Finish Concealer. Without a doubt the best thing I purchased in 2009, I think a couple of mornings I even kissed it for making me look as close to human as possible after a late night/early morning or a break out. It covers EVERYTHING and does not look caked on, everyone needs this in their life!
What was your favourite product in 2009?
Thursday, December 31, 2009
I have hesitated writing this entry many times as I never wanted to reveal too much about my personal life here. I wanted it to be all fun, fashion and beauty! I do feel I need to explain and apologise for my lack of blogging and commenting recently.
My boyfriend and I recently broke up after almost 11 years together. I am doing much better than I was and feeling positive about what the future holds. A break up is still hard and takes a fair bit out of you and unfortunately blogging has been the furthest thing from my mind. I am at a different place in my life than when I started blogging (obviously!) and recently started to think about why I started this blog in the first place.
In the new year,
In the new year,I will be turning the direction of my blog into more of a fashion one as that is my true love. I buy a lot of Australian labels (from: MyCatwalk, BIRDMOTEL, Australian Flavour, Ciao Meow, Freez, Sportsgirl, Cue, Peep Toe Shoes and Andrea & Joen to name a few as well as some smaller, lesser known local places) so I am not sure if that will be interesting to all of you (plus the seasons are different!). I also love Revolve Clothing, Shopbop, ASOS and Topshop to name a few of the international places I regularly shop at. I am also going to purchase a full length mirror and post my outfits (I am not sure if any of you would be interested in what I wear to work? It is fairly corporate!). Makeup, skincare and nails will not be left out of course as I will still be buying and using those things, I am just not as good at it as the rest of you! I will have my own place come January that I will be buying items for (from local markets, Ikea and Etsy!!) so I will also be showing that. I plan on running a marathon in 2010 so I will share some of my training for that too as well as other exercise and health things! Would you be interested in me posting easy, healthy meal ideas? I make LOTS of salads at the moment!!
As I am single now I have a lot more time to spend on my blog (until a hot new man comes along that is!!) but I need to focus on what I love and is important to me seeing as this is my little place online. I am still not sure about making my debut on YouTube but as I will be living alone it is even more of a possibility I guess! I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for following me this year and taking the time to read and comment, it really means so much ♥ I hope you will all continue with me on this next chapter in my life!
I trust you are all enjoying your holidays, staying safe and spending time with those that you love. I spent Christmas with my family, having a BBQ and relaxing by the pool. It was wonderful and I am looking forward to what is to come in 2010..
Monday, December 7, 2009
I am not having a very good time at the moment, hence the lack of proper posts. I am not going to go into it on here but I will say that looking at anything by Salvador Dali makes me feel much better. This particular image reminds me of dreams I used to have when I was little. I would feel really small or big in a huge white room/nothingness and anything there would also seem small or large, close or far.
Mood: Angry and sad.
The chores you dislike the most? Cleaning the bathroom.
What color are your eyes? Green.
Are you ticklish? Yes, especially around my stomach.
Eyes/lips/cheeks: I have SO much stuff but it is the same as usual.. NARS Corfu Cream Eyeshadow, Rimmel Exaggerate Eyeliner, Lancome Hypnose Mascara/Rimmel Nude Delight Lipstick, NARS Orgasm Lipgloss/NARS Laguna and Orgasm.
What’s your favorite holiday? Australia Day.. fun in the sun without the stress of Christmas! Drinking, bbq's and a MASSIVE fireworks display.
Have you ever cried at work? Yes but not for a long time. When I was younger and just starting out I would go to the bathroom and cry when I could not figure something out.
Would you survive a zombie invasion? Doubt it.
Outfit: Work - Grey Cue dress, Black Bardot blazer, Black Sachi heels, Home - Bonds singlet and Sportsgirl denim shorts.
Weekly goals: Find $1,800 and not become homeless, pack, move, work and stay positive!
Sunday, December 6, 2009
I apply this to my hair either before or about half way through blow drying. I then tip my head over and blow dry for a bit before returning to an upright position to finish drying my hair. After doing this my hair has amazing volume - no teasing or anything! My hair is wavy and it kind of defined the curl in my hair too.. bonus!! I have used this in the morning and brushed it (I prefer to brush it through a bit so it is not too stiff like mousse tends to leave your hair) and still had volume at the end of the day.
Not the volume that some of you require but enough of a lift for me. I prefer to stay away from teasing as it looks like it is so damaging to your hair and asking for split ends!
For reference: my hair is thin but there is LOTS of it and it is fairly long and layered.
Monday, November 23, 2009
Are you having a good hair day? No.
Ever had a job with a uniform? What did it look like? Yes, I worked in a pharmacy and the uniform was a pale lime green top, navy blue skirt and blazer, a bright green and orange scarf and stockings (even during summer!). Sexxyyy!
What book are you reading right now? Norwegian Wood by Haruki Murakami.
Eyes/lips/cheeks: Nothing at the moment as it is too hot to wear makeup once I am at home of an evening. Earlier it was the same as it has been the past few weeks.
What’s for breakfast? I had yoghurt.
Have you dated someone shorter than you? I am not attracted to short men so no.
Guys who wear big, bold rings: hot or not? Not.. unless it is David Beckham. That guy can pull off anything!!
Outfit: Work - Grey Cue dress and black heels (I went all out!), Home - Sportsgirl jean shorts and a navy Lauren Conrad top.
Weekly goals: Run for an hour each day, clean and start packing.